Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Screw the food pyramid

The ladies that work at the small cafeteria style restaurant next door always make me feel insecure about my orders. While the entree always looks delicious, I tend to opt for "just the veggies" to avoid the inevitable 2:00 P.M. lunch hangover. Today the passive shame was incredibly clear when I skipped on the entree (barbeque burger with swiss, onions, and bacon) and asked for the sides:

My "well rounded" lunch.



While they still load up my plate with veggies*, I usually get an indifferent response to my order. I guess the disappointed "Ohs" are fair from people that clearly know how to enjoy life and respond to orders like 'Dark meat with extra gravy' with a few "mmmmm hmmmms" and "Alright now, baby."

Let it be known that I do enjoy life- just not when I have five more hours of work to do.


*Veggies here used loosely. Can be interchanged with french fries, macaroni and cheese, or baked potato with more stuff in the middle than the potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment